16 November 2009

MUST I WEAR PANTS?

I spent most of the week cruising other people's blogs like a creepy geezer.

BALLS to your fancy, beautiful, established blogs with scrags of followers.

Electric Sex Pants has INNER beauty.

BALLS I say.

Ever seen Independence Day? I saw the sequal; 2012. Chiwetal Ejiofor (you saw him in Serenity) is the philosophical scientist who figures everything out and muses piously on the ethics (Jeff Goldblum). John Cusack is the estranged father who manages to make good at the end and Woody Harrelson plays a stoned-off his hackysacks conspiracy-theorist hippy who lucks onto the truth (Will Smith/Randy Quaid).

Smashing.

20 minutes and 8 scenes of aeroplanes lurching dramatically out of thick black smoke (or lava, or gigantic earth-cracks, or over avalanches, or tsunamis etc) into the 'film' The Boyfriend turns to me and says "I'm sorry". I say "if we slip out now we can still get our money back".

But I'm glad we stayed. Not only did we get to see Danny Glover as the elderly Obama-type president of the USA (were his last words really "Earth has turned into a Lethal Weapon?") but I think I saw a Lama looking wistfully at a llama during a scene where a family of Tibetans smuggle themselves onto Noah's Arc.

The heartwarming theme of this epic is hammered home by the 7 year old girl who by the end of the 'film' has literally learned to put on her big girl panties. No shit.

No doubt, grown-up grundies or not, this will emerge painfully during her teens as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Meanwhile in the real world The Boyfriend and I are considering moving in together...

But will I ever be able to look at him the was I used to? He chose that movie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh hai! I missed your updates before. You know, I *loved* 2012. I giggled the whole entire way through. I was screaming, "Too much plot! Not enough disaster!"

    I was prepared though. I saw this trailer beforehand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2qxFkcLM0 (unofficial 1970s exploitation styles)

    ReplyDelete